Internet and Big Data in Economics and Social Sciences
3rd International Conference on Advanced Research Methods and Analytics
July 8 – 9, 2020 · Valencia, Spain
Research methods in economics and social sciences are evolving with the increasing availability of Internet and Big Data sources of information. As these sources, methods, and applications become more interdisciplinary, the 2nd International Conference on Advanced Research Methods and Analytics (CARMA) aims to become a forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas and advances on how emerging research methods and sources are applied to different fields of social sciences as well as to discuss current and future challenges.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Internet and Big Data sources in economics and social sciences
- Google Trends and Search Engine data
- Web scraping
- Social media and public opinion mining
- Geospatial and mobile phone data
- Big Data methods in economics and social sciences
- Sentiment analysis
- Internet econometrics
- Machine learning econometrics
- Information quality and assessment
- Internet and Big Data applications
- Official statistics
- Tourism forecasting
- Business analytics with social media
- Social behavior and mobility patterns
- Consumer behavior, eWOM and social media marketing
- Politics and social media
- Bibliometrics and sciencetometrics
- Digital transformation and global society
- Privacy and legal aspects
- Electronic Government
- Smart Cities
- Industry adoption
- Gender bias
Participants from all over the world are expected to present their latest and unpublished research findings. The program committee encourages the submission of articles that communicate applied and empirical findings of interest to social sciences researchers.
The CARMA 2020 conference will be held on July 8-9, 2020 at the Faculty of Business Administration and Management of the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV), which has been recently ranked as the best technical university in Spain by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2019.
Valencia is the third largest city in Spain and is located on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. It is the capital city of the Comunitat Valenciana region, which is major tourist destination in summer.
The organizing committee looks forward to welcoming you all to a fruitful conference with open discussions and important networking to promote high quality research.